Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sturgis

Narrow one lane tunnels
This was the view after the tunnels...trees cleared to see to Mount Rushmore
And this is why it was called "Needles" highway
We only live about 4 hours from Sturgis now and Scott has his harley so us and some friends wanted to try it out at least once!  I left the kids with Nana and met Scott and our friends there!  It was a fun relaxing weekend and a lot of riding.  There are so many cool rides to take in that area.  The tunnels and Mount Rushmore was the ride people had recommended to us and you would hear people talking about and it was beautiful!!  Especially on a bike.  I honestly expected things to be much more crude than they were.  I expected it to be like Las Vegas where you just can't seem to get away from it but it wasn't so that was very refreshing!  We only went to actual sturgis twice...the rest of the time we were more down by Mount Rushmore amongst the trees!!  A nice relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment