Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yellowstone National Park

On our way to Nevada we decided to go to Yellowstone National Park as it was on the way!  The boys enjoyed somethings about it (not as much as the dam) but next year on our way I think we will be bypassing the park!  By the end Scott and I were so sick of slow traffic and people pulling over to look at elk..we are spoiled cause in Colorado in the winter they were in our yard all of the time and in North  Dakota we see buffalo when passing by the national park just below town. 
One of the funniest things about Yellowstone for us was I read where a woman told her kids that all of the steam was from dragons that lived underground and they only came out in winter and the steam is what you see of them in the summer.  My boys ate this up!  Especially cause of the movie How to Train Your Dragon!  Zander had so much fun guessing what type of dragon lived under the areas of steam.  When we were hiking and talking about the dragons I'm sure there were a few people who thought we were a little crazy!
Gage loved the big waterfalls and was so mad to take that picture because I made him look away from the water fall!

1 comment: